We are excited to announce Private Sharing is out of Beta and ready for all Dump Truck users! Use the Dump Truck Web App to access Private Sharing and securely collaborate on files and folders with other Dump Truck users. Invite anyone to access shared folders and assign a permission level, with just their email address. When a privately shared file or folder is changed, added or deleted, the changes synchronize to all users who have joined the share.
Dump Truck Private Sharing Features
- Easily invite anyone through the Dump Truck Web App to collaborate on folders
- Set permission levels for users on shared folders
- Read Only access supported. If you choose this option, users can view files but cannot modify them
- Collaborate on files and folders and they update for all users
- Move, rename and edit shared files and folders as if they were your own
- Access shared files across all Dump Truck desktop, mobile and web applications
*Desktop App version 1.2.2 Update Required to Access Private Sharing
Although you can share folders via Private Sharing only through the Web App, you can access shared folders via the desktop and mobile apps. Privately shared files will be synced to your desktop using the Dump Truck desktop app. We recently updated the Dump Truck Mac and Windows apps to version 1.2.2 to support Private Sharing. Update from within the app by clicking on “Update Available” in the main menu, or you can download the latest version for Mac or Windows.
The Dump Truck Mobile Apps do not need to be updated to access privately shared folders.
If you do not have a Dump Truck account, sign up for a free 5GB account and try out Private Sharing today!
To keep up to date with Dump Truck, please subscribe to the Golden Frog blog and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Or, if you have a product idea or feature request, please share it with us at http://ideas.vyprvpn.com.