The holiday travel period is almost here. Whether flying across the country, around the world, or just stopping at a coffee shop on the way to Grandma’s house, this is the time of year holiday travelers will connect to public Wi-Fi from their phones, tablets and laptops.
While convenient, using free Wi-Fi to send email, purchase a last-second gift, or simply browse the Internet while waiting in an airport makes you more vulnerable to a cyber attack. Over the holidays, large numbers of technically-savvy cyber criminals are actively looking to scam users to gain access to their identity and financial data. In fact, nearly 90 percent of public Wi-Fi networks lack the necessary security to protect users.
A recent survey of American travelers indicated 82% fear their personal information is not safe when accessing public Wi-Fi, however 84% still do not take precautions to protect themselves from compromise. These statistics are hard to comprehend, especially when using a Personal VPN to protect yourself online is now incredibly easy and affordable.
For anyone who will be in an airport or in public spaces over the holidays, it’s imperative to deploy a Personal VPN service when you’re online. A VPN will encrypt the Internet connection and mask your IP address to keep data sniffers and cyber criminals at bay, so users can preserve a private and secure browsing experience.
For the holiday travel season, VyprVPN is offering a Money-Back Guarantee 80% OFF Holiday Offer.
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind during your holiday travels:
- Backup your device and patch your PC before taking it on a trip
- Ensure you’re only shopping on secure sites with web addresses beginning with “https”
- Always use a credit card instead of a debit card or a checking account transfer
- Use strong passwords for eCommerce sites
- Be leery of too-good-to-be-true details
- Don’t pay your credit card or check your bank balance on Wi-Fi unless you’re using for a VPN service
- Use mobile shopping apps with caution. Seemingly legitimate shopping apps can be used to steal credit card into.Update all trusted apps when notified
- Turn off Bluetooth on your devices when not in use
Lastly, VyprVPN would like to wish everyone happy holidays! Secure your internet when you’re in transit and safe travels!
-The VyprVPN Team.