Using a VPN to Access Facebook in China
Due to China's strict censorship under the Great Firewall (GFW), accessing Facebook in China can be difficult. With a VPN, users in China can bypass the Great Firewall of China to escape Internet censorship and achieve Internet freedom. To access Facebook in China, follow these 5 steps:
- Sign up for a VPN service. VyprVPN offers a variety of different VPN protocols, including proprietary Chameleon technology that defeats VPN blocking.
- Follow the instructions for downloading your VPN and launch the application on your preferred device(s).
- Log in with your credentials.
- Choose which server to connect to. VyprVPN lets you choose from over 70 server locations around the world, so you can select a location free of censorship.
- Use the Internet or your apps as you usually do, and enjoy an unrestricted, free and open Internet experience.
How Does a VPN Work?
A VPN (virtual private network) encrypts your Internet connection to keep your information private while online in China. A VPN allows you to select your IP address from various server locations around the world, so your personal IP address and location remain private. Encryption, such as the OpenVPN 256-bit protocol used in VyprVPN's Chameleon technology, is employed to secure all data and communications sent over the connection. This allows you to avoid blocks imposed by the Great Firewall and escape censorship while using a VPN in China. A VPN also secures your connection, so you don't need to worry about anyone violating your privacy or intercepting your communications.
Unblocking Facebook in China
When in China, it can be difficult to share your photos and thoughts with friends and family over Facebook. VyprVPN makes it easy to bypass location-based IP blocking to access Facebook in China. Choose one of VyprVPN's server locations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa or Oceania and experience the Internet without restrictions. Escape the Great Firewall with a VPN, and stay connected on Facebook at all times.