It’s National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NSCAM). This month was created by the US government to provide Americans with the information and resources they need to stay safe online.
At Golden Frog we are committed to online privacy and security, and we wanted to join the effort by sharing some tips for staying safe & being aware online:
- Always use https when browsing online. Make sure to connect via https (as opposed to http) to ensure your connection is secure. Learn more.
- Be wary of public Wi-Fi. Oftentimes these connections are insecure, and by connecting you leave yourself vulnerable to snoops. Learn more.
- Use a VPN. A VPN encrypts your Internet connection to protect your privacy and security while you browse and communicate online. Learn more.
- Support encryption and use devices and services that are encrypted. Encryption is one of the very best ways to remain secure when communicating online. Learn more.
- Utilize two factor authentication. Two factor authentication requires you to enter two sets of credentials when logging in to an account, providing an added level of security. Learn more.
- Visit the official National Cyber Security Month Website to learn more! Visit the site now.
Get Involved in National Cyber Security Awareness Month
Follow #cyberaware on Twitter to see tips that other organizations are sharing – and join the conversation yourself!
Tell us how you stay cyber aware in the comments below, or ask us any questions you have about privacy and security online.