- Myth #1:I can be anonymous on the Internet.
- Myth #2:Anonymity and Privacy are the same.
- Myth #3:When my VPN Provider advertises an “anonymous” service, that means they don’t log any identifying information about me.
- Myth #5: – July 15thEven if my VPN Provider uses Hosted or Cloud based VPN servers I can still be anonymous.
- Myth #6: – July 16thEven if my VPN Provider doesn’t own and operate the network I can still be anonymous.
- Myth #7: – July 17thAny VPN Logging is Bad.
I am Anonymous When I Use a VPN – 7 Myths Debunked is the latest article featured in our “Take Back Your Internet” policy microsite. The “7 Myths” article addresses a disturbing trend in the VPN industry over the past year. More and more VPN providers are perpetuating the myth of an “anonymous” or “no logging” VPN service while providing minimal or zero transparency about how they actually handle your data. This has diverted privacy conscious VPN users to focus on the false promise of anonymity instead of focusing on what really matters when choosing a VPN provider: transparency, trust, ease of use, performance and reliability.